Update: Not Good At All

Here it goes. The moment of truth. I got sick about 2 weeks before the 5K, so some time near the end of last month. I finished the C25K program, but I have not run a full 5K since then. It was hard. I was blowing my nose a lot and coughing up phlegm. It was gross. Since then I have maybe worked out twice a week and have not been eating very well...like at all. I have been too afraid to step on the scale, but I did it anyways this morning. 203.4. Ugh. I never did a post for it, but on 5/25, I was 194.8. See. I was happy.

 
I'm going the wrong way. I'm going to try to be better. I only have a month before my next IVF cycle. I wanted to lose as much weight as possible so that it is less that I will weigh post baby. This is disappointing. I may pick up some water pills and hope that some of this weight drops off within the next week. My first week of counting calories and exercising, I used water pills and lost 8 pounds. Hopefully I can do it again.

I did not sleep well last night, so I'm going to go take a nap and hope to wake up refreshed and do some Zumba and/or get on the treadmill. I got the carpet dancers for doing Zumba in my living room. I've been doing it in my socks...no shoes...which I know is not good for my feet/ankles/knees. I look forward to using these and hope that they make dancing on the carpet easier.....like they are supposed to.

 

2 comments

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I would assume that you are trying to lose this weight for good...which means that water pills will not help you. Sure you get to see a quick win on the scale, but from my quick internet research, they are a diuretic. The weight will be back on as soon as you drink some water. If you feel like you have too much salt in your body right now, then drink water. Actually drink a ton of water- it will help flush out your system. Drinking water also helps to fill up your stomach so that you are not as hungry. The best thing to do to lose weight is not to use gimmicks, but just to exercise and eat healthy.

Ashley Sanderson said...

aww sweet friend! I know it's hard to lose that weight. I was doing really good at walking and doing my arm workout, but the past 3 weeks or so, I have completely slacked and I can tell because my arms are getting all flabby. It's hard to stay consistent. I find myself being hard on myself and being upset and I never get back on the horse. And being 3.5 weeks away from delivering I keep thinking, what's the point? But no, I am going to start up my arm workout again even if it's only for a few weeks. I'm going to do it for me and YOU!!! Let's motivate each other! You can do it!!!