5K Foam Fest 2014

Let me start out by saying that I am sad to say that I have to sell my ticket to The Color Run for June 8th. I signed up on a Monday and when my friend, Tinese, went to sign up on that Friday (payday), they were sold out. I will not run it alone, so, I searched the event page on Facebook where TONS of people are begging for a ticket. I passed up people offering to buy the ticket for double price and decided to sell it to a 16 year old boy whose girlfriend will have to run this 5K alone for the 2nd year in a row because he is a procrastinator. It pulled at my heart strings. I felt bad and chose him. I have been in contact with his father and we are working on getting me paid and transferring the registration to his son's name.

Tinese and I are looking for another 5K to do together. There is a run similar to The Color Run, called Run or Dye. We may do that one, but I'm not sure yet.

In other news, I found a super fun 5K that I figured my husband would be interested...and he WAS. We put together a team and signed up last weekend. The 5K is a fun run called the 5K Foam Fest. There are 16 obstacles. We will be extremely soapy and muddy. It's going to be disgusting, but AWESOME!

 Check out the video:

 

We are running it with my father-in-law and his girlfriend and my sister-in-law and her boyfriend. My SIL came up with the team name, Ties That Bind. It stands for different ties that people have to each other. Like family ties or friendship ties. We are going to have matching shirts and wear a necktie, bow tie, or really anything that ties. I was thinking of a wearing a thin scarf. I really can't wait until June 7th!!!

No comments